Sunday, March 12, 2006

What Does It Matter Anyways?

Thank you to "What Does It Matter Anyways? for commenting on my latest post.

My learned scholar writes:

Hey "Expletive Deleted", as usual, you've gotten it ALL WRONG, the 'proof is in the Pudding'? WRONG...The actual expression is..and most, like you, get it wrong...'The proof in the Pudding is in the TASTING...'

I appreciate constructive criticism because I learn from it.

Actually, what I learned is that the expression goes, "The proof in the pudding is in the eating."

At least that's the way it appeared in "Don Quixote" by Miguel de Cervantes and how The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language refers to the expression.

I'm also hoping my scholarly friend used the word, "anyways" to point out that it is as incorrect as "The proof is in the putting." Surely, everyone knows the correct word is "anyway."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home